Modern Slavery Statement 2023
This statement is made in respect of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (the ‘Act’) and sets out the steps we are taking to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in our supply chain or organisation.
Our organisation and structure
Elanic is a limited company providing surgical and non-surgical procedures in a Day case setting. It currently provides its services to self-funding and privately insured patients. Our head office and registered office is C/O William Duncan + Co, 38 Beansburn, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, United Kingdom, KA3 1RL.
In line with our core values, we are committed to preventing acts of modern slavery and human trafficking within our business and supply chain. Our supply chain is predominately domestic based however a small element is globally, and we understand there is an element of risk associated with this. We therefore try to mitigate this risk by following the steps listed:
- Conduct due diligence on all our existing suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with our Modern Slavery Policy in all business activity.
- Incorporate key elements of our Modern Slavery Policy when deciding on new supply connections.
Our supply chain
With the ever changing and demands on the supply chain Elanic have implemented a robust process for the approval of third party suppliers. We take all reasonable precautions to only collaborate with Suppliers who adhere to our values. We review our suppliers and identify the potential risk associated with each supplier. We review the type of goods they supply, the country where they operate and any specific characteristics from that industry that would increase the risk associated. If identified as a significant risk, we request a copy of their Modern Slavery statement and any other policies We acknowledge that certain aspects of our supply chain are at a higher risk such as the supply of PPE and uniforms. Subsequently we monitor this supply chain vigorously.
Any supplier that is found non complaint with our requirements in relation to Modern Slavery or Human trafficking will have their agreement terminated or if possible, will work with the organisation to assist them in meeting this requirement.
To ensure the Modern Slavery Act is incorporated into the Elanic ethos we have introduced:
- Mandatory training for all staff on Modern Slavery and Safeguarding. This helps to create awareness and ensure our staff know what steps to take should they have any concerns around modern slavery or human trafficking.
- Updated our third-party agreements to include compliance with the Act. Our Standard Supplier Terms incorporate the Act and our expectations of compliance.
- Continually ensure compliance in our supply chain with the Act, identifying any risks and taking appropriate action.
Elanic Ltd Directors have approved this statement.