Body contouring is a new and exciting field and one that is especially popular with people who have lost lots of weight and now want to tighten, tone and define their improved body.
If you have lost a large amount of weight then congratulations! As well as improving your appearance, you should feel very proud that you have also greatly boosted your health. You may find that your skin hasn’t shrunk back quite as well as you’d hoped and that’s where we can help.
Cosmetic surgery after weight loss is a unique area of plastic surgery involving multiple procedures, many carried out at the same time, to tighten and re-contour the new body.
How can body contouring help me?
A consultation with your consultant plastic surgeon will help determine which areas of your face and body you would like to reshape to allow you to wear the clothes you most desire.
Following massive weight loss you may feel you now look good in clothes but do not have the definition in your figure to feel confident in wearing tight-fitting garments. You may also become embarrassed when taking off your clothes because of folds of extra skin.
Body contouring solutions at Elanic aesthetic clinic in Glasgow
The following are just some of the areas that can be re-sculpted by our consultant plastic surgeons:
- Tummy tuck to tighten the extra skin on the abdomen
- Breast lift to boost saggy, empty breasts that can be uplifted, augmented or both
- Arm lift to correct the loose skin dangling from the upper arms
- Liposuction to give a more even contour to your new and improved body
- Thigh Lift to correct flabby thighs that rub together. This procedure is best done in combination with liposuction
- Face lift to rejuvenate the face and give you a more youthful, taut appearance
- Lower body lift - this is a more major operation aimed at lifting the thighs, buttocks and abdomen all at the same time
- Upper body lift - this operation lifts the breasts, arms and chest in a single procedure