Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating can affect areas such as the armpit, groin, hands, feet or face – or the entire body. While excessive sweating does not pose a serious threat to your health, it can cause significant emotional and psychological distress that can have a negative impact on your quality of life.
How can treatment for excessive sweating help me?
Hyperhidrosis can be inherited and usually starts around puberty. It can also be triggered by disorders of the thyroid or pituitary glands, tumours, diabetes, gout, menopause or certain drug side effects. Whatever the reason, excessive sweating can be an embarrassing condition where the armpit can literally drip with sweat, something that cannot be controlled by antiperspirants.
An effective solution to excessive sweating
For long lasting reduction in excessive sweating the Precision Tx laser has been shown in clinical trials to be successful at reducing sweating to normal levels.
- Is only available in Glasgow at Elanic
- Takes less than an hour under local anaesthetic
- Results start almost immediately
- In most cases a single treatment will suffice
- It is more expensive than Botox but is more effective in the longer term and doesn’t need to be repeated
Benefits of Botox treatment for hyperhidrosis
Excessive sweating is most commonly treated using muscle-relaxing injections, such as Botox, to the armpits, which disables the sweat glands.
- Botox blocks the nerves in the sweat-producing glands
- Our gentle consultant plastic surgeons have years of experience in treating hyperhidrosis
- Treatment is quick, lasts for four months and you will see the results within a week
- Live your life to the full with increased confidence
- No need to take alternative medicines that can result in uncomfortable side effects such as dry mouth and itchy eyes
Because you will require multiple injections in a sensitive part of your body, it is worth carefully considering who performs this treatment for you. Our cosmetic specialists are fully qualified and experienced in Botox treatment for excessive sweating to ensure you are in safe hands. Treatment will need repeating every four months or so to remain effective.